Location: Cambridge, Massachusetts (Hybrid)
Profit Isle is on the hunt for an accomplished software sales leader to join our team as Vice President of Sales for Retail. This is an individual contributor and hunter-entrepreneur role that will lead our efforts to drive revenue growth and establish long-term relationships with retail customers—an expanding and critical market for Profit Isle. As Vice President of Sales for Retail, you’ll play a critical role in Profit Isle’s growth and success.
Sales Cycle Management:
- Manage a full-cycle sales process including creative lead identification/qualification, discovery, driving solution demonstration, contract negotiations, and closings.
- Generate leads and build a robust sales pipeline.
- Utilize CRM tools to track and report on sales activities and progress.
- Execute needs assessments to understand the unique challenges and goals of retail prospects.
- Articulate the value proposition of our SaaS solutions and demonstrate how our platform addresses specific pain points within the retail industry.
- Develop a deep understanding of our SaaS platform and how solutions can be customized to meet the specific needs of retail clients.
- Stay informed about industry trends, competitor products, and new technologies.
- Collaborate with Marketing and others to develop effective presentations and proposals that win new business.
- Deliver compelling and tailored platform demo presentations to retail decision-makers, showcasing the features and benefits of our solutions.
- Effectively communicate the ROI of our products to drive sales closures.
- Identify, qualify, and target potential retail customers through research, networking, and industry events.
- Cultivate strong relationships with key stakeholders within retail organizations, including C-level executives, IT leaders, and operations managers.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to ensure successful onboarding and implementation of our solutions.
The successful candidate has an exceptional track record in selling software solutions to large and mid-size retail companies, and a deep understanding of the challenges and opportunities in the retail space. You’re a team player who works well through change, stays up to date on industry trends, and is continuously learning so that you are best prepared to speak with prospects.
Our Vice President of Sales for Retail has:
- A network of customers, and/or professional relationships and contacts in the retail industry.
- A successful track record of selling SaaS solutions to executive-level decision makers in the retail industry, meeting or exceeding sales targets.
- The ability to develop and secure relationships with buyers, key decision makers, and influencers across the retail industry.
- An in-depth understanding of retail business processes and challenges.
- Expertise in relationship building that increases account penetration, increase revenue opportunities, and account retention.
- Familiarity with CRM software and sales analytics tools.
In addition, our Vice President of Sales for Retail:
- Meets opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency, energy, and enthusiasm
- Operates with a clear sense of ownership
- Maneuvers comfortably through policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics
- Negotiates skillfully
- Builds partnerships and works collaboratively with others
- Communicates comfortably and effectively with all kinds of people and audiences, both in writing and in person
- Works independently and collaboratively within a team
- Is curious, resourceful, adaptable, and resilient
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of successful software or technology sales experience, preferably in the retail sector
If you are a results-driven and customer-focused sales leader with a passion for technology and retail, we invite you to apply for this exciting opportunity to shape the future of retail by helping us bring our innovative SaaS solution to retail customers.